I really don’t like myself when I am cranky. I don’t know how anyone else can stand me when I am like this.
Things that make me cranky:
-Hot, sticky days
-People that don’t return phone calls
- Misplaced items
- My camera when it doesn’t take the pictures I want it to
The trouble I am having with my camera is taking close-ups of small objects. I’ve made several matchbox shrines this week that I am dying to share, but every picture I take comes out terribly blurry. I’ll keep working on it.
I will be starting my medical transcription training course by the end of the month, so I am just having fun making art and enjoying these leisurely days. Besides matchbox shrines, I’ve also been putting together artist trading cards this week. Here are some:
These are all available for trade… contact me to set something up.
Here are some things that make me not-so-cranky:
- I found a pen pal. Annamarie in New Mexico. Hi!
- A friend has commissioned me paint a door in his house. The room has some great vintage wallpaper in a green pattern that I love, so somehow that pattern will play into the finished project. He is giving me free reign on subject, and I am pretty certain that I am going to paint Medusa. Will probably start on that next week.
- Apparently there is a group of women that do live Artist Trading Card swaps here in Fort Smith. More info when I get it.
- I love back-to-school shopping time! I’ve been stocking up on glue sticks, bought a new planner and am on the hunt for cute pencil bags.
- I’m organizing a yard sale for my apartment building. It will be Saturday July 24. Looking forward to decluttering and making some cash, too.